So I ended up taking a small hiatus from blogging in the month of November/part of December. My birthday and Thanksgiving ramp up to the holidays for me and I have six family members with birthdays in December as well as multiple Christmases and New Years shenanigans. You have to understand! Maybe next year I’ll be proactive enough to schedule these posts in advance. Stick with me and maybe that can be the first of my New Year’s’ resolutions.
I wanted to take a moment to post a big thank you to Santa (aka my friends and family) for the memories and gifts to celebrate another year of growth gone by. In the midst of wine, adorable coffee mugs and personalized trinkets my list of possessions has gotten a little longer and my heart (and stomach) got a lot fuller after Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Here are some of the coolest come-ups from my very merry Christmas.
*Small disclaimer: These were all items I was gifted and I receive no royalties for posting them on my personal blog.
- Oral-B Toothbrush – Since this is the coolest thing I received, you guys know I’m morphing out of college and into adulthood. Dental hygiene is a big thing for me and even after only having this gadget for a few days I already feel like I have a million dollar smile.
- Mophie phone charging brick – I am ALWAYS on my phone. Whether this is for personal social media stalking, playing music at all hours of the day, snapping photos and videos or for my job as a digital communications manager my phone battery is constantly getting zapped.
- Better Than Sex Mascara – The name says it all. This is my favorite mascara ever! My typical drug store brand of choice is the Maybelline Volum’ Express The Mega Plush, but I received the BTS Mascara as a stocking stuffer this year. One or two swipes with this mascara is the same as four or five with a different brand in my opinion.
- This classy marble and rose gold phone case with a matching Popsocket. I don’t know about you guys but I am not letting this marble trend go, it is coming with me into 2018.
- A book of Thai phrases and a travel guide to Bangkok: I received a travel fund for graduation in May and I haven’t used it yet. I decided that my best friend and I will be traveling to Thailand in November of next year! My grandmother has always been a huge inspiration to me as she has travelled around the world.
- Various ornaments: my family has a tradition to give each other ornaments each year to remember the memories we’ve made. This year I was gifted a corgi that looks exactly like Dexter, a mermaid and some other simply cute pieces.
I’ve seen a lot of posts on social media lately going over how this year has been awful. 2017 wasn’t my greatest year either and like everyone else I went through a lot of personal sadnesses and struggles. At the end of this year I am thankful for my health, my family and my career. I graduated and currently love my job. Sure I get really stressed whenever it is time for me to pay the bills, but I pay everything on time. I get to go out with my friends on the weekends. I have an adorable best friend with some furry and stubby legs. You can have that day every once in a while where you stay in bed and drink wine while you binge watch a season of Gossip Girl but I am convinced the key to living your best life is counting your blessings.